| Dragan Radojčić -
Project Engineer – Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson – Reliability Engineer
& Core Competencies
- Ability to manage projects and multi-site operations with complex and sophisticated machinery incorporating mechanical, hydraulic and electronics sub-systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, preparing and organizing technical reports and documentation, excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Accomplished Project Engineer and Designer of complex heavy material handling systems in mining, mineral processing, pulp and paper, saw mill and air cargo industry.
- Experienced Project Engineer and Maintenance Manager in mine engineering, survey, exploration and exploitation.
Mechanical Maintenance & Engineering (May 2006 / Present)
Minara Resources, Murrin Murrin Operation
Mechanical Engineer (March 2005 / May 2006)
- Implement, control and execute multiple small to medium sized projects in a complex brownfields environment.Management of project contractors to ensure delivery of projects on budget and schedule.Interact with engineering firms and clients to achieve the required project outcomes.
- Ensuring that all relevant engineering calculations and drawings are completed to professional standards. Ensuring delivery of operating and maintenance manuals for new installations.
Carter Holt Harvey- Pulp and Paper Mill , Auckland
- Manage the mechanical team to ensure that all design and control improvement projects are run smoothly and meet all agreed specifications. Investigating process problems and providing pro-active engineering solutions to problems. Ensuring adequate drawings and specifications exists for all installed equipment and incorporating any “as-built” information into the relevant drawings.
/ Project Engineer - Contractor
(March 2004 / March 2005)
4Industry Group Ltd Manukau, Auckland
- Project and Design work at Pulp and Paper Mill-Paper Machine 3. Project for SCA. Design and obtaining design certificate from SGS M&I for Paper Roll Lift, Tilting Tables, Kickers / Back Stops. Use of CAD drawings from conceptual drawings to manufacturing details. Site based job involving site measurement, site check and liaison with clients to define the best design solutions.
Design / Project Manager (November 2000
McGrath Industries Ltd Glen Eden, Auckland
Designer (March 1997 / November
- Reviewing and analysing clients’ requirements and specifications provided.
- In initial phase, site base job involving site measurement, site check against architectural drawings and liaison with clients to define the best design solutions and to draw concept drawings for clients’ approval.
- Full CAD design of Air Cargo Handling Systems for air cargo industry operators. Use of CAD drawings from conceptual drawings to manufacturing details.
- Specifying scope of work, project design and project management.
- Full testing of the equipment before shipping and resolving installation, commissioning and handover issues.
- Author of Maintenance Manuals and Test Sheets for complex and sophisticated machinery incorporating mechanical, hydraulic and electrical sub-systems.
- Projects completed: Air Cargo Handling System (Menzies, Sydney); Perishables Lane Air Cargo Handling System (BAWC, London, Heathrow); Air Cargo Handling System (HEIA, Cairo)
Nicholson Akarana Engineering East Tamaki, Auckland
- Full CAD design from conceptual proposal drawings to manufacturing detail drawings for material handling equipment in saw mill and pulp and paper industry.
- In initial phase, site base job involving site measurement, site check against civil drawings and liaison with clients to define the best design solutions and to draw concept drawings for clients’ approval.
- Projects completed: Log End Modification System (CHH Plywood, Tokoroa); Sawmill Dockings Rechipper System (CHH Panels MDF); Kinleith Mill Modernization (CHH Kinleith); Eucalypt Debarking System (Pederson Group of Companies, Kinleith Tokoroa).
- Structural calculation utilizing structural analysis program (FEA) - CADRE Pro.
- Author of Maintenance Manuals and Test Sheets for complex and sophisticated machinery incorporating mechanical, pneumatic and electrical sub-systems.
Mechanical Designer / Project Manager
(Jun 1981 / May 1996)
Mining - Smelting Corporation Bor & Copper
Institute Bor, Yugoslavia
- Project work on heavy material handling systems for copper open pit and underground mines and mineral processing equipment (crushers and mills) for copper mines and flotation plants.
- Projects completed: Haulage System at copper open cut mine Bor, Serbia; Drill Rig for Mineral Investigation Co.
- Project Engineering & Maintenance Management work in copper mines and flotation plants in exploration and exploitation phase of mining operations.
- In charge of feasibility studies, start-up’ exploration and exploitation period for new open cut mine ‘Cerovo’ near Bor, Serbia, started at the end of 1991, as a mine Technical Manager for Electro-Mechanical and Geological Engineering.
- In charge of preventive maintenance and shutdowns of following equipment:
- Mobile transport equipment: Euclid R170 and Lectra Haul M120;
- Loading Equipment:Electrical Rope Shovels: P & H 2300 and Marion 191M;
- Electro Diesel Wheel Loaders: LeTourneau L-1100 and Caterpillar 992D
- Crawler Drilling Equipment: Bucyrus 35 and Ingersoll Rand ECM-590.
- Project Engineering at Department for Mechanical, Electrical, Construction Engineering and Architecture (MEGA) at Copper Institute, Bor, Yugoslavia.
- Projects completed: IR-500 Drill Rig, developed for secondary drilling operations at open-cut mines and IR-300 Drill Rig, developed for underground mines; belt and vibrating feeders for copper Concentrator grinding mills.
and Professional Development
NZ Equivalent - Bachelor of Engineering Degree
Assessed - New Zealand Qualification Authority July
Diploma awarded 1981:
University of Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
5 years full-time study - Mechanical Engineering in
Mining and Metallurgy.
Certificate - Engineer Specialist for welding Technologies
Institute for Welding, Belgrade, Yugoslavia October
1985 / January 1986
Professional Registration - Engineers Engaged
in Supervision/Management of Investment Projects
State Commission, Zagreb , Yugoslavia June
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Adept at conveying even the most technical information to people of all levels and from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Amateur Product Videos:
- Hands-on direction of camera work and subjects.
- Hands-on direction of video editing.
- Expert in MS Office including Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Highly intuitive with computer software applications and computer literate
Other Computer Applications: